By Chux Odoh
After nine years and winning an outstanding fourteen trophies, Cristiano Ronaldo is leaving Real Madrid. Ronaldo joined Real Madrid in 2009 for a then record fee of £80m. Nine years later, at the age of 33, he leaves the club for Italian giants Juventus at a higher price of £105Million.
For a player like Ronaldo, setting personal goals and breaking records are his personal adrenaline that has helped him to become arguably the best football players ever.
During his 9 years at Madrid, the five-time FIFA Balon d’Or winner won every possible trophy there is in club football. Ronaldo won 15 trophies, including two La Liga titles, two Copas del Rey, four UEFA Champions League titles, two UEFA Super Cups, and three FIFA Club World Cups.
The Portuguese captain also broke and created an incredible amount of records during his spell at Madrid. Below are some of those impressive records by the new Juve star player.
- Ronaldo’s best ever season as a professional came in the 2011/2012 season when he scored 69 times for club and country.
- Cristiano Ronaldo scored a staggering 450 goals in 438 games during his time at Real Madrid.
- Cristiano Ronaldo was the first player in Champions League history to reach 100 goals for the same club (105 goals currently).
- He set the record of goals scored in a single Champions League season (17 goals in 2013/14).
- Ronaldo scored 34 hattricks in La Liga for Real Madrid, making him the player with the most hattrick in La Liga history.
- In May, Cristiano Ronaldo equalled Madrid legend Alfredo Di Stefano as the all-time Real Madrid top-scorer in all El Clasico fixtures with 18 goals.
- Ronaldo has scored Champions League 10 goals against Juventus. This simply means they are the team he’s scored against the most in the competition.
- CR7 is the only player in the Champions League history to have scored in 11 consecutive games (17 goals). He is also the only player in the Champions League history to score above 10 goals in seven consecutive seasons.
- At Madrid, Ronaldo became the only player to score in three UEFA Champions League finals, in 2017, 2014 and 2008 with Manchester United.
The post CR7: 9 Major Records Broken By Cristiano Ronaldo During His 9 Years At Real Madrid appeared first on Nigerian Entertainment Today.