A 15-year-old secondary school student, Safiya Ahmed, had one of her fingers cut off as a result of her applying a lizard dropping concoction.
The Jigawa State student while narrating her story said that her problems started during the fasting period.
She had observed a voluntary fast and that in the process of cutting onions to prepare a salad dish, she sustained a knife cut on her left index finger.
But on resuming at school, she started to experience serious pains leading to a matron in her dormitory to introduce her to the lizard faeces concoction as a so-called traditional solution.
However, this only worsened the girl’s condition as her forefinger became swollen.
Pain from the swelling kept her from sleeping but she could not be taken to the school authority for immediate medical attention.
She was finally able to contact her dad who took her to the hospital where she was diagnosed and told nothing could be done to save the finger, with amputation the only option left to prevent the spread of the infection.
The post Girl loses finger after applying lizard faeces concoction to injury appeared first on Nigerian Entertainment Today – Nigeria’s Top Website for News, Gossip, Comedy, Videos, Blogs, Events, Weddings, Nollywood, Celebs, Scoop and Games.