By Chux Odoh
The 2018 edition of “33” Export City of Friends Concert took the people of Calabar by storm, the turnout was amazing and attendees definitely needed some time to recover after the event. Nigeria’s No.1 Friendship Beer, “33” Export lager took everyone on the party adventure of the year in Calabar and a REPEAT was scheduled for the 3rd and 4th of August at Eagle club, Surulere, Lagos. Nigeria’s Party Centre could not wait.
The City Of Friends was absolutely grand and a lot of things will linger in our memories for a long time. We put some of them together.
- The Moment We Gazed at the Scenery: “33” Export Lager Beer pulled out all the stops, as Eagle Club was completely transformed. We didn’t need too much motivation to be in the “33” City of Friends Party mood. Folks began to thirst for the party adventure almost immediately.
2. High Tempo: The concert did not have a single turn down moment with DJ Real and DJ Big N keeping the vibe at a constant upward momentum.
3. The Omo Iya Teacher Moment: The self-acclaimed doctor and Agege’s favourite son, Small Doctor rocked the Eagle’s club to an electric and energetic performance, starting with Mosquito killer, to “This year” to “Gbefun”, he rounded off his performance with his hit street classic, Penalty which took us to another level, lest we forget, he also rocked the stage! We couldn’t get enough of him.
4. When All Living Things Arose: Like the legend that he is, Adigun Alapomeji 9ice stepped on stage hailing the Surulere crowd, blessing them with back to back hits from Photocopy to 3310. The Ancestor took the crowd back memory lane to two of his best evergreen songs, Gongo Aso and Street credibility. Yes, he gave us the dance steps to Gbamu gbamu too. He ended the show with his current hit wave, “Living things” everything was n(9)ice like that.
5. You can call us VADO too: Oh, Boy kizz! We were sold out to his excellent performance, we couldn’t get enough of the Fly Boy. He stepped on the stage performing Mama for the beautiful ladies at the City Of Friends, after which he took us back to the right to the start with Woju and brought us back to the present with sofa, 4 dayz the very present future with Baba. It’s safe to call us VADO too because we were just as fly as the FLY BOY
6. Games galore: we were treated to an abundance of games, from board games to console games. Beating a stranger at a friendly game is just the best feeling, and of course, he/she becomes your friend right after.
7. We Did it For the Gram: The concert was live so the stories and selfies had to be live as well, there were phones and cameras taking shots and recording videos everywhere. We were surely posting them live. Check out the #33CityOfFriends2018 hashtag out on Instagram and Twitter for exciting real-time updates, as e dey hot
8. We did the Dance: just when we thought the fun was coming to an end, the dance party started. Shaku Shaku was on full display.
How To Tell A Good Party From a GREAT party
Getting invited to a party is always a nice occurrence as it gives you a chance to let go of stress and just have a good time, but how do you know if the party is going to be lit or turn out to be a snooze fest?
There are actually some ways you can tell but you have to know what to look out for and the questions to ask. Here are a few tips to help you:
- When you are about to make plans, try to find out the reputation of the host regarding previous parties. The host sets the tone for the party, people who throw great parties are usually very friendly and likeable characters so getting information on them and their parties should not be too difficult. Have you attended any 33” Extra Lager Beer Friendship themed event?
- Now another thing you need to do is get a sense of the atmosphere of the party, this is also important because you might not be comfortable at a particular event where some people are supposedly having fun so you need to find out if the “turnup” is right for you.
- Thirdly, you need to find out the kind of people who have gone to similar parties. Imagine knowing and comparing notes with people who have attended previous editions of 33” Friendship themed parties such as City of Friends. With this, you will know beforehand if the expenses might be too much for you. You wouldn’t want to able to afford just one drink.
Finally, you need to find out who is going to be there, invited guests, special appearances and VIPs alike. You don’t want to miss a chance to meet someone who you have always wanted to meet or watch perform live.
Now let’s tell you about the #33CityofFriends event that went down earlier this month at Eagles Square Surulere, Lagos. Hosted by 33 Export Lager, the number one friendship brand in Nigeria.
The Calabar edition took place on the 27th and 28th and it was absolutely epic with Mc Shakara hosting, Harrysong, MC Galaxy and Phyno thrilling fans and, DJs Real and Kentalky making the turn up really real, games, giveaways and free drinks all around.
The Lagos edition had Kizz Daniel, Phyno, Simi, Small doctor and others. Entry into the party was FREE with “33” Export on tap throughout.
The post Memorable Moments From “33” Export City Of Friends In Calabar And Lagos appeared first on Nigerian Entertainment Today.