The Former world number one women’s tennis player who returned to competition in March after giving birth to her daughter, Alexis Olympia Ohanian Jr back in September 2017, earned $62,000 in winnings over the past year but received $18.1 Eighteen million one hundred thousand from an endorsement portfolio unmatched among women in sports.
According to an annual list, the 23-time Grand Slam winner, who is getting ready to equal former Australian tennis player, Margaret Smith Court’s record of 24 grand slam titles when she competes at the August U.S. Open in New York, has earned twice as much off the court as any other female athlete.
In the list which was mostly dominated by tennis players, Caroline Wozniacki came second on the list with earnings of Thirteen Million while reigning U.S. Open champion Sloane Stephens became the third place with an Eleven million two hundred thousand.
View the top 10 and their total earnings below
- Serena Williams (tennis) – $18.1m (£14m)
- Caroline Wozniacki (tennis) – $13m (£10.1m)
- Sloane Stephens (tennis) – $11.2m (£8.7m)
- Garbine Muguruza (tennis) – $11m (£8.5m)
- Maria Sharapova (tennis) – $10.5m (£8.1m)
- Venus Williams (tennis) – $10.2m (£7.9m)
- PV Sindhu (badminton) – $8.5m (£6.6m)
- Simona Halep (tennis) – $7.7m (£6m)
- Danica Patrick (race car driving) – $7.5m (£5.8m)
- Angelique Kerber (tennis) – $7m (£5.4m)
The post Serena Williams Tops Forbes List Of Highest Earning Female Athletes (See Full List) appeared first on Nigerian Entertainment Today.