It should come as a surprise to no one that MTN is the No. 1 digital distributor of music in Nigeria! MTN has changed the face of Nigerian music industry by pioneering its transformation from a production-led industry to a distribution-led industry with its groundbreaking digital music service, MTN Music+.
Are you a lover of music? Ever heard of or used MTN Music+?
Here are FIVE awesome things you didn’t know about it:
- In 2014 alone, the music industry generated over N5 billion from MTN through the distribution of local musical content using Caller Ring Back Tunes.
- The music industry has generated over N500m from Brand Ambassadorship, appearances and performances fees on MTN Music+.
- More than N1 billion was invested in talent discovery and development through MTN Project Fame (which ran for nine seasons). The show gave us pop idols like Iyanya, Chidinma & Praiz.
- MTN Music+ recently signed a historic “first of its kind in Nigeria” deal with Sony Music Entertainment. Through the partnership, customers can stream over three million international hit-songs from A-list artistes like DJ Khaled, Rihanna, Chris Brown, Beyoncé, French Montana, Travis Scott and Bryson Tiller etc.
- The platform guarantees Nigerian artistes receive their hard-earned income and counter the effects of piracy through its core services: talent investments & empowerment, distribution and monetization.
The post World Music Day: Here Are Five Things You Didn’t Know About MTN Music+ appeared first on Nigerian Entertainment Today.