‘Empire’ Crew Allegedly Considering To Suspend Jussie Smollett


‘Empire’ Crew Allegedly Considering To Suspend Jussie Smollett

By Favour Nnaemeka

Variety is reporting that producers of the hit TV series “Empire” are actively considering whether or not to suspend actor Jussie Smollett now that he’s been charged with filing a false police report.

Sources close to the show said on Wednesday night that Fox began contemplating over a possible sanction against Smollett after his racist attack story was officially faulted by police in Chicago.

READ: Jussie Smollett Has Been Arrested For Allegedly Lying About His Attack

The network had been standing solidly behind the actor, issuing a statement earlier in today that said he was still considered a “consummate professional on set” and wasn’t being “written out of the show,” despite reports speculating otherwise.

A production source told Variety that Smollett was scheduled to work on the Chicago set of “Empire” this Thursday — the same day he’s due in court and that producers weren’t keen on changing their shooting schedule.

A spokesperson for 20th Century Fox Television could not confirm or comment on the magazine’s report or possible suspension.

Smollett, 36, is in serious trouble for filing a false police report last month in connection to a racist and homophobic attack that he claimed to have suffered. His Attorneys insists that the actor is innocent and have vowed to “mount an aggressive defense.”

If convicted, Smollett faces a possible jail sentence for up to 3 years.

The post ‘Empire’ Crew Allegedly Considering To Suspend Jussie Smollett appeared first on Nigerian Entertainment Today.

Share On

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *