By Onyinye Ugwu
The Ratiopharm Arena which was scheduled to host a concert with embattled American singer R. Kelly has cancelled its contract with the organizer of the R&B star’s tour following his recent troubles with the law over alleged sexual offences
R. Kelly on Monday pleaded ‘not guilty’ to charges that he sexually abused four victims, including three underage girls.
“Regarding the new and objective facts, we have decided to cancel the contract,” Ratiopharm Arena in Neu-Ulm wrote on its Facebook page.
“We regret the fans’ understandable disappointment and ask them to turn to the tour’s organizer” regarding possible reimbursement of their tickets, the management of the arena hinted.
The operators of the arena have subsequently removed promotional contents for the April 12 concert from their Facebook page.
Another arena, Sporthalle in Hamburg where the other concert is scheduled to take place on April 14, also said they had already tried unsuccessfully to cancel the contract with Kelly’s rep before the singer was charged.
On Monday, they said they would try to talk to him again now that Kelly’s legal situation has changed, but could not immediately be reached Tuesday for comment.
Kelly, 52, turned himself in on Friday and faces 10 counts of aggravated sexual abuse involving four females. His attorney entered not guilty pleas on the singer’s behalf Monday.
He has since been released after a female ‘friend’ reportedly assisted him with $100, 000 to pay for his bail bond.
The post R. Kelly’s April Concert In German Arena Called Off Amid His Sexual Abuse Trial appeared first on Nigerian Entertainment Today.