The controversy surrounding the alleged homophobic attack on Empire star Jussie Smollet does not appear to be settling any time soon. Last week, it was announced that the actor was attacked by two men in the city of Chicago where the series was filming. The attack was described as homophobic as the two attackers were said to abuse him for his sexual orientation, threw an unidentified liquid on him, tossed a rope around his neck and yelled: “This is MAGA country.” A few days later, another report said the attack may have been fabricated by Smollet.
However, new reports say that local police have identified the two attackers and have raided their homes. The men who were said to be extras on the show are believed to be of Nigerian descent and flew out to Nigeria on the same night after the attack. The police chief Anthony Guglielmi announced that the two were being investigated but have not been declared to be suspects. “The people of interest are alleged to be in the area where a crime was reported. They are not considered suspects at this time as they are currently being questioned by detectives.
BREAKING:Police raided the home of two persons of interest in Jussie Smollett case last night. Both men are of Nigerian decent and have appeared as extras on the show. Police took bleach, shoes electronics and more.Officers asked family if they knew #Jussiesmollett. @cbschicago pic.twitter.com/PDSFtf5jwb
— Charlie De Mar (@CharlieDeMar) February 14, 2019
The post Two Nigerians Fingered In Jussie Smollet Attack Case appeared first on Nigerian Entertainment Today.